Small Teak Boat Canal Adventure - Weekend
How do Thai Locals Spend a Weekend on the Canal?
Are you curious about how Thai people like to spend their weekend? If you give us a day, we can take you away from the Bangkok City’s hassle and bustle and give you a rare glimpse into the canal-side lifestyle. The tour takes you on a journey by our small teak boat and you will get to see an eclectic and colorful scenery of the local canal-side communities. We will stop at the weekend local floating market and get a chance to see and try a variety of Thai food. (Canal side only)
- Available on Saturdays and Sundays
- Private or Join Tour available (Please request the private tour a few days in advance)
- Full day tour 6 1/2hrs, shorter tour can be arranged upon request
8:30am Meet and greet at the Eastside ticket machine of BTS Wutthakat Station (Skytrain, Silom line). Short walk to our boat. (Hotel meet-up/pick-up is also available please see below*) Our activities are,
- Visit the ”Mouth of the Canal Temple” (Newly promoted to a royal temple status) to see the one-ton solidgold statue, beautiful crystal pagoda, and a vast skyline view of the old capital of Thonburi
Visit “Forest Temple” to learn forest monks' life style
Lunch stop at a local floating market, browse the market before/afterl unch
Visit an orchid and pandan nursery in lush greenery
- Visit Artist's House in a 250 years old community, currently going through revitalization by locals
3:00pm Return to the BTS Wutthakat Station or BTS Krung Thonburi Station by combination of Songtaew/Taxi
Tour Fees (Two adults minimum):
- Adult - 2,595 THB/adult
- Child 3 to 12 years old - 50% off discount
- Toddler 0 to 2 years old - Free of Charge
- English Speaking Guide
- Drinking Water, Soft Drink and Snack
- Local Thai Meal
- Life Jacket
- Tour Insurance
Not includes: Hotel pick-up, gratitude
- It will be small boat ride throughout the tour.
- Order of the stops may change, depending on the water, weather condition and time available.
- We are going to some temples. It is a good idea for ladies to cover your shoulders and avoid mini-skirt/shorts. (if you have scarf it is OK to use it for cover). For male guests, knee length shorts are recommended.
- You will be on and off a boat, so active wear and shoes/sandals are recommended.
- Sunblock, hat, umbrella are recommended.
- Tips are not included in the tour fee.
- Our Tour Fee and Itinerary are subject to change without notice. ---Thank you for your understanding!
Also Please Ask Us About:
- Large Family (5 & more) and Group Discount
- One Person Private Tour
- Custom Itinerary